We are a sub-group of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a group dedicated to the study and re-creation of pre-17th century Europe and its connected cultures. The group has several different areas activities that we study and re-create.
Martial activities include armored combat, rapier combat, thrown weapons, archery, and even siege weapons. All of which are carefully marshaled (refereed) and trained using activity-appropriate armor (personal protection) and weapons to maximize safety of the participants.
Arts & Sciences include nearly any craft or skill that would have been used on a regular basis to create items such as spinning, sewing, leather working, blacksmithing, cooking, embroidery, bead making, calligraphy, illumination, music, dancing, and many, many others.
Protocols, Service, and Niceties are what creates the basic atmosphere of the SCA and its activities. Bowing to the the King and/or Queen, carrying things for royalty, helping your camping neighbor or group set up their tent(s), and the “thank-yous” for the assistance help to make the SCA a great place to spend ones free time.
The Canton of the March of the Marshes, is located in Bowling Green, Ohio and is a part of the Barony of Red Spears (northwest Ohio) within the Kingdom of the Middle (part of the Midwest in the United States). For more map information, check out: Middle Kingdom Cartographer’s page or SCA Geography page.
Announcements from Last Meeting (3-2-2017)
- Winter War Maneuvers is this Saturday! (3-4-2017) Get on out and have fun!
- Reminder: Gabrielle (Liz) has an A&S challenge for us this year: Complete just one project each quarter and report it to her. Let’s do this!
- Beatrix announced that it is time that she opens up the Baronial Chatelaine position and Bil followed up with the fact that the next Baronial Meeting will be March 26 at BW3 in Bowling Green.
- Oliver will be teaching how to make demo boxes at next week’s meeting so we can all have our own demo box ready in time for the Oregonfest demo on May 21, 2017.
- Molly requested the use of the 14 by 14 tent with fly for use at Gulf Wars. It passed unanimously.
- Regarding the baronial polling, Bea and Bil have the videos of the candidates if anyone wishes to view them this evening. Each pair will be played only once in the interest of time.
- Result of tonight’s new March Seneschal vote: Deb Mansor is the new seneschal – Congratulations Deb! Also thanks to Eric Crimmins for your service to the group.